Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fly Fishing 10-19-08

Just the boys hanging out and having a good time on the Eastern Side of Korea. Our good neighbor, Dennis, invited me to head out for a fly fishing trip with him and a few of his friends. We ended up on a full day trip wading through the East Rivers of Korea and settled with a few fish, great memories and some good stories.
Beautiful scenery all day long and quite a change from the hustle and bustle of Seoul.
I believe they were called "Trident", but I might be mistaken on the specific type of fish. Overall, not too bad of a fish seeing as it is a smaller species (of course I have to say that)
Dennis with a Viper that we found freshly dead in the River. At first, I thought it was alive but playing dead and spent about ten minutes trying to find out where I could run to clean my waders out.....after a few minutes I realized it was dead after prodding it with my fishing rod. Dennis and I took turn taking "Snake killer" photos after we picked it up with a few leaves. Pretty nasty fish from what the Koreans told us.
Dennis with a Trident and sporting his "Mystic" hat from his fly rod company that he has started form here in Korea http://www.mysticoutdoors.com/
Snake Killer!
The water here is about 20' deep and you could see straight to the bottom. Beautiful place to be. I slipped and almost fell in off of that rock I'm standing on. The water was darn near freezing too.
Beautiful foliage during the fall. We went at a perfect time.
Dennis' friend Laurent from France. They meet up at least once a year to go fishing somewhere. Usually Alaska or some place where the flyfishing is good. Looks like it was Korea this year.
Laurent killin fish. (Really just catching and releasing)
One of the Laurent's fish that he caught that day.

No comments: