I've been searching for jobs the last few weeks, and sent in my resume for a Convention Coordinator position here in Seoul. I was called by the head-hunting agency last Friday night at 9pm..asking me if I could interview this past Wed. Brian and I laughed about it...as it was 9pm on a Friday night.
Yesterday, I had my interview with the agency--the lady was very nice, and gave me all the details regarding the job. Everything went fine, and hopefully, next week, I'll be able to interview directly with the convention center. I thought it was really funny though--she asked me the following questions.
1. Are you married?
2. How long have you been married?
3. Do you have kids?
4. How old are you?
5. How much $ did you make in your last position? (I didn't answer this one :))
6. I was waiting for: How much do you weigh?
I failed to mention..that you also have to send in a picture with every resume. They are all about "the look" and image here--the position also specified FEMALE APPLICANTS ONLY.
This would definitely not fly in the states with all the Discrimination acts and laws in place, but it's funny to see how things work over here.
So, we'll see. The position is for a year contract--and Brian and I aren't sure yet if we really want to put in to stay here for a 2 year time frame. Time will tell.
We have also gotten a lot from the Koreans: "You look so American, and You talk so American." The lady yesterday told me this too. I just get a kick out of it. I finally asked her how she referenced her "look of Americans"--through film, magazine, newspaper, Internet--and she said through Film.
So guys, I guess we are the new American movie-stars in Seoul--Watch out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment