Thursday, September 4, 2008

Annyeong Haseyo from Seoul!

Hello from Seoul! Brian was able to find us a really nice villa to make a home. A villa is typically a 5-6 story building. I believe that ours has 4 stories. We live in a great little area not too far from the Han River--good for riding bikes and running. Seoul has taken us both by surprise. We weren't expecting it to be this clean ...and the Koreans--so helpful and friendly. They will go out of their way to help you anytime--providing the language barrier--hand gestures have come in handy on several occasions. We fill like living here is almost like living in NYC, except for the fact that we are in Asia and the signs aren't in English most of the time. Thank goodness the subway system is in English and Korean. I went for a job the other day but questioned the benefits of that run as I was pooted on by several large diesel trucks. People wear these face masks over here when riding or running--it's pretty much a bandanna that covers the face to protect against pollution. So maybe I'll contemplate Yoga/Pilates in the home:)...or adjust to using a bandanna. We have not stopped since I arrived here last week. Exploring has been our #1 priority--along with attempting to learn the Hangeul language. Below are some pictures of our new home. Brian was able to find one furnished since weight limit coming here was 1600 lbs.
Brian standing on our street!
Our home in Seoul. We live above the door on the 1st floor!
Living Room
Long Entry Hall
Master Bathroom
Master Bedroom
Another view of the Master Bedroom Kitchen
Guest Bathroom
Our Study. We have another desk on the other wall for painting!!
Our Guest Bedroom: We do have an air mattress!!! Anyone is welcome!

2 comments:

Ange Smith said...

Your home is GORGEOUS!
Brian~ amazing find!!!

Unknown said...

Dear Brian and Denae,
Loved reading all your exciting travels in Korea and what a great home you all have. Jennifer and Matt had a great time in China for a year and did so much traveling. I know you all will do the same.
Take care and stay in touch.
Love, Linda